STEAMED SPOTTAIL BASS IN TEOCHEW STYLE
|Serves:||Preparation Time:||Cooking Time:|
|4||30 minutes||15 minutes|
|Spottail bass, gutted and cleaned||800g|
|Sliced red chilli||10g|
|Sliced spring onion||5g|
|Medium tomato, cut into small wedges||1-2 pcs|
|Shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced thinly||2-3 pcs|
|Salted vegetables, sliced thinly||50g|
|Salted plums||2 pcs|
|Chicken stock||1 cup|
|Light Soy sauce||1 tsp|
|A few stems of Coriander|
1. Make a long diagonal cut along its belly, Place 2 slices of ginger inside the fish cavity.
2. Place rest ginger slices, half of the shiitake mushrooms and half of the salted vegetables to line the bottom of a deep plate.
3. Drizzle light soy sauce over the fish
4. Cut beancurd Tofu into 6 pieces and place beside the fish
5. Place salted plums, tomatoes, chicken stock and red chilli over the fish and around the plate
5. Steam on high heat for about 17 minutes
6. Garnish with coriander stems and ready to serve.
You may also find our recipe on NTUC Fairprice’s Recipe Section.