STEAMED SEA-WATER BLACK TILAPIA WITH NYONYA SAMBAL SAUCE
|Spring Onion, shredded||10g|
|Ginger, Sliced||a few|
|Eggplant or Long Bean||1pc|
|Nyonya Sambal Sauce||200g|
|Cooking Oil||1 tsp|
Cut leek, ladyfinger and eggplant into 4 cm section; Cut tomato into 6 wedges
1. Butterfly cut the fish and place it flat onto a plate.
2. Spread the sliced ginger and spring onion on top of the fish. Steam with high heat for 10mins until cooked.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add tomato, ladyfingers, leek and eggplant, quick stir until all covered with oil. Set aside.
4. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add Nyonya Sambal Sauce and Evaporated Milk over low heat for about 1 min. Add all the vegetables until cooked
5. Take out the steamed fish from steamer, remove the water, and pour the Vegetables with Nyonya Sambal Sauce on top of the fish. And serve.
You may also find our recipe on NTUC Fairprice’s Recipe Section.