MILK FISH IN TOMATO TOFU SOUP
|Milk Fish, cleaned||600g|
|Baby corn||3 pcs|
|Spring Onion||1 stalk|
|Young Ginger||a few|
|Chinese cooking wine||1 tbsp|
|Corn Starch||1 tsp|
|Sesame oil||½ tbsp|
|White Pepper Powder||little|
1. Slice the young ginger and cut the spring onion into sections
2. Cut the tofu into small cubes
3. Soak tomato in hot water for several minutes, peel off the skin and cut into wedges, set aside
1. Chop off the fish head and tail, set aside
2. Slice off the fish belly, and cut into big pieces.
3. Debone the fish by scraping along the flesh with spoon
4. Mince the flesh; marinate with salt, sesame oil and corn starch for 10 minutes.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick wok over medium-high heat until hot. Fry the sliced ginger and fish head and tail and fish bones until cooked.
6. add in Chinese cooking wine, water and spring onion. Boil over high heat for 15 minutes.
7. Remove the fish head, tail and bones from the soup, add in seasonings, tomato wedges and tofu. Close the lid, cook for 5 minutes over medium-hot heat.
8. Add in fish and continue to cook for 5 minutes; ready to serve.