BRAISED MILK FISH WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE
|Serves:||Preparation Time:||Cooking Time:|
|4||40 minutes||50 minutes|
|Milk fish, gutted and cleaned||600g|
|Finely chopped ginger||5g|
|Chinese cooking wine||10ml|
|Black Bean Sauce||15ml|
|Light soy sauce||5ml|
|Chicken stock||1 cup|
1. Fillet the fish, leaving the skin on, and cut the filet into 6 portions.
2. Mix black bean sauce, light soy sauce, salts, ginger, Chinese cooking wine and suger together into a sauce pan.
3. Marinate the fish portions into the mixed sauce for 30 mins.
4. Heat up the wok over high heat. When the wok is hot, add a little oil.
5. Saute the green chilli and leek till half cooked.
6. Add the marinated fish into the wok, pour in chicken stock and cover the wok.
7. Bring it to a boil over high heat and turn the heat down to let it braise for 40 minutes.
8. Add in sugar, leave the wok uncovered, and continue to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes till the sauce thickens a little
9. Dish the fish onto a plate and garnish with tomato on the side of the plate, ready to serve
You may also find our recipe on NTUC Fairprice’s Recipe Section.